The PE and sport premium was launched to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The funding goes directly to primary school headteachers so that they can decide how best to use it to provide PE and sporting activities for pupils.
It can be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- For example, funding can be used to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schoolsSee the link below for details of how Engayne has used the Sports Premium and the impact that the funding has had on PE and sporting opportunities for our pupils.
- Primary School Sports Funding 2023