What is OPAL?
OPAL is Outdoor Play and Learning.
OPAL is a way of encouraging children to take part in freely-chosen, child-directed play, just for the fun of it.
At lunchtimes, our children are free to play, creating their own games and precious memories with a huge range of large and small everyday items.
We have a school Opal Charter. Please click here to access the document.
How Can You Help?
If you’d like to help our children in their OPAL play, you could donate any of the following:
- car tyres – large and small
- large cardboard boxes
- small world toys – Lego, dolls etc
- small digging tools, such as trowels
- plastic crates
- wooden pallets
- scooters and bicycles and baby buggies
- buckets and old pots and pans
- play tents and old play houses
- large plastic pipes and guttering
- coloured chalk
- dressing-up clothes
The next phase of developing OPAL around our school grounds has begun. Year Six have planted trees to create another woodland area to enhance our OPAL play provision. Thames CHase volunteers assisted the project!